Let’s face it: Mac developers have always had challenges getting their great products into the channel, and then being successful once they got there. Traditional distribution is extremely expensive, distributors and retailers take up the 70 or 80 points, retailers don’t usually represent products in the correct manner, it takes months to receive payments for what customers buy, and if a product doesn’t sell in the quantities the distributor wants, they drop it, leaving the developer high and dry and deeply in debt.
And this just scratches the surface of what developers have to deal with in their efforts to reach customers through the traditional software channel. It’s not a pretty picture.
Bodega is the new way for customers to discover and purchase software, and for developers to reach customers on an inexpensive, highly-profitable, ongoing basis. Read more of what Bodega provides developers below.
Still have questions? Read the FAQ
Bodega puts the latest, great, hottest Mac software in one place, and directly on the customer’s desktop. That’s huge. Bodega provides you, the developer, the perfect opportunity to get your goods in front of new highly active and qualified customers on a regular basis, building all-important brand and product awareness.
Bodega’s powerful search capabilities make it easy for customers to discover the type of apps they're looking for, while giving you greater exposure for your software. And with Bodega, you can link to product press reviews, press releases, and much more. So not only is Bodega the perfect storefront, it’s also a fantastic marketing tool that YOU control.
Since the sales process takes place in your webstore, your revenue margins are much, much higher than through traditional distribution points. No more middle-man in the form of demanding, unbending distributors and retailers. freshcode takes a very small piece of each sale, only 10% … kind of like a turnpike fee … and you keep the rest … a whooping 90%. Cha-ching!!
When customers want to buy your app through Bodega, they click a “Buy Now” button that opens a window within Bodega to YOUR webstore … yes, YOUR webstore. The customer buys your product directly from YOU. YOU own the relationship with the customer … Bodega simply provides the discovery and connection point between you and your customers. And that means …
Quality analytics are invaluable in your efforts to grow your business and product direction, and Bodega helps by providing information about your customer base. Bodega offers detailed reports telling you where your software is selling, the operating system customers are running, what software customers are buying in addition to yours, and much more.
We’re constantly marketing Bodega, and the more we market Bodega and bring in more users, the more awareness there is for your product. And where there’s awareness, there’s a potential customer and more revenue.
Bodega also provides very inexpensive product promotion spaces you can purchase to drive immediate product awareness among Bodega users. You can buy promo spots on Bodega’s main page and category pages. Best of all, there are no longterm promo space contracts … you simply buy space on a month-by-month basis. Click here to learn more
Forget having to guess, or find discover piecemeal, what customers love or loathe about your latest wares. Bodega's review section lets you hear directly from customers because they can post their reviews of your products.
Getting started with Bodega is a breeze. Moreover, there’s no set up fee. You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. So don’t delay … become part of the new Macintosh software channel today. Become part of Bodega. Oh, by the way, once you sign up and are up and running, managing your software catalog is a snap. You have complete control over pricing, press links, product pitches, and so much more.
Still have questions? Read the FAQ